Wednesday, June 24, 2009

a birthday note from daddy...

On June 24th of 2008, I wrote “I know people keep saying that having a baby is alot of work, time, commitment, etc. I am sure it’s going to be all of the above and more but it will be definitely worth the time and effort.”
Looking back at that day, 1 year ago, I sit here wishing we could do it all over again but at the same time, looking forward to our bright future. When Laela was born, I was one scared Indian. There was no engineering book covering the theory and concepts of baby. I had a hard enough time taking care of myself. How in the world was I going to be good dad with no formal training? Well, after 1 year, being a dad has been the most rewarding, enjoyable experience I have ever been through. I love science, math, and all the theory that goes with it. But nothing makes me smile like when I see Kelli playing peek-a-boo with Laela and watching her laugh uncontrollably. There is something about Laela that just makes Kelli and I smile. And it’s the little things that are the most special. From her little giggles to the soft kisses she gives, she always does something that is special to us.
I would be a liar if I said that every day has been perfect. We had a few “Laela mailing labels” ready for use, and I am sure there will be another day where they might be needed. But in statistical terms, 355 good days out of 365 days total = 97.26% which makes Laela a Summa Cum Laude Baby! I have her Georgia Tech application already filled out! J
Finally, Kelli has been nothing short of extraordinary. She works like a freight train when it comes to her job, being an excellent wife, and being a caring mom. And having to deal with my quirks and idiosyncrasies as well as a hyper-active dog cannot be easy. Wife, you have done great!

Laela, your mommy, daddy, and your favorite doggie love you very much!

No comments: