Thursday, December 9, 2010

Laela's First Sleepover!

(on a school night, too!)

We made plans to have Brandt over tonight, so his mommy and daddy could go to their work Christmas party. We told both kiddos about it and they were very excited! Brandt even planned out the dinner menu last night. :)

Well, I picked up the kids from school and the excitement was beaming! I got Laela first and then on to Brandt's class. Of course he was peeping his head out the window watching for us! When he saw us, his face lit up! We got our belongings and headed out!

On the way home, the kids and I had the funniest conversations.
Me: How was y'alls day?
L: I WENT POTTY!
B: I held my tee-tee down!
ME: Oh. Okay. Did you just see that motorcycle pass by? (Change subject quick!)

ME: We have to get to the park fast because it is going to be dark soon.
L: Go fast mommy!
B: My daddy drives fast!
L: My mommy drives fast!
ME: Sometimes I do drive fast, but right now I am being safe. Oh...we are already at the park! How did we get here so fast?

On the way home, WE decided that we need to all play at the park for a good 10 minutes While we ran around, we sang "Run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man." Hey! Whatever you have to do to get rid of some energy! Then we headed home and on the way, we rocked out to the ABC's song, looked at Christmas lights and counted blow-up Santas in our neighbors' yards! Best 5 minutes I have had in a long time! :)

For dinner, Brandt informed us that we would be having corndogs from Sonic. So, Ro grabbed those on his way home and we played until he got here. Seriously...these guys were funny! Within 4 minutes the living room went from clean to disaster! Oh well...we were having fun! Both kids ate a fantastic dinner and then continued playing. The best toy of the evening...the wrapping paper roll. YES! I said the cardboard tube. The kids played longer with the tube than anything else. At one point, we were singing "Jingle Bells" with our tubes and instruments (shakers, drums, and tamborine). If there was fly on the wall, it would be doubled over in pain right now because it was laughing hysterically at us! BUT we had a BLAST!

Brandt was very interested in wanting to know where Ro was and what he was doing. They even got in a little boy bonding time and played ball in the house!Of course we had a little, fruity, after-dinner snack. What hams! They both smiled with full mouths. Too cute!Then, it was time for night-night clothes and a little more playing. BTW - Laela was so jealous of B's train night-night clothes. I won't be surprised they make it on her list to Santa!They both enjoyed bedtime stories and I was glad to share this time with them. Then we made a little pallet on the floor for Brandt to sleep. Funny part is...he did great! Went to sleep within 10 minutes. Our friend, however, cried a little. She calmed down quickly, but then TALKED to herself for 20 minutes! Goodness sake girl! You are never going to have a boyfriend if you just talk, talk, talk. Oh wait! That may be a good thing! :) Here is a picture of our monitor. A little hard to see, but you can get the point. Both kids are sleeping! Overall...EXCELLENT night! Thanks for hanging out with us, Brandt!

No comments: