Saturday, June 27, 2009

Party Day!!!

Today was party day! YEA! The day I have been planning for the entire month, finally arrived! We started our day at 6:30 this morning...yes...you read that right! Normal Saturday morning and Laela was scheduled for her second swim lesson. Ro took her alone because I had party stuff to set-up. Great news about swim lessons: our fish got a fantastic report from dad and even some friends that were there. Yipppeeee! Here is the dessert table. Yes...I sorted those m&m's and skittles. Of course I had to...I only need yellow and green to match my party theme! :)Oh my heavens. The best part of the party...the duck cake! A friend made this cake and she has always done a phenomenal job. Well...she might have outdone herself with this one. It was perfect for Laela! Take a closer look...Then another friend mentioned jello jigglers and this is what I created. These were a hit with several kids (and a couple of adults too).Also, my home-made birthday sign turned out wonderful.Oh...and I could not miss everyone seeing our baby girl on tv. Fox 4 News does a birthday segment for 1-5 year olds. You just send in name, picture, and date of birth. They will say your name and post the picture during the morning news. Here it is...The birthday girl all ready to go in her mommy-made cupcake shirt!Now time for the party and WOW! So many friends and family showed up. We were so excited to see everyone and Laela Grace acted very nicely. She talked and talked. She said "DUCK". Played with friends and family. She said "DUCK". Just sat around and watched. She said "DUCK". Do you get my point? :)Then came the cake. We stripped the baby and gave her the duck. Everyone sang a magnificant song....it went something like..."Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Laela. Happy birthday to you!" Again, like the tester cake on her real birthday, she did not want to do too much to this one. I think she was in shock because of the size of the ducky!After cake, most of the kids went outside and played in the kiddie pools, water sprinkler, and bubbles. They seemed to be having a great time, while the moms and dads were sweating like crazy. SHOOT! No pictures. Sorry! Just imagine 8-10 kids playing outside in the water and bubbles on a sweltering, hot day. That's it!
Oh man...now Laela has missed her afternoon nap, but she is still holding strong. Getting kinda crabby but we managed to open a few gifts. We will have to open the rest tomorrow when she wakes up (kinda like Christmas morning). So much fun!

Before everyone headed out, we gave all of the kiddos embroidered beach towels. They turned out great and I hope that they get a lot of use this summer!

Laela scarfed down her dinner and off she went to bed. Now it is about 8:30 and we can hear Laela on the monitor saying "duck, duck, duck." We clicked the video monitor to see what she was doing and it looked like she was asleep. Oh lord! She is talking to the ducks in her sleep. Maybe we went overboard on duck decorations. hmmm... :)

2 comments:

the hodges said...

Such a FUN par-tay!!

Meg said...

Wow, now that's a party! Love her cute outfit, the cake, the decorations, the sorted Skittles (that made me giggle), and the embroidered beach towels (awesome!). Looks like a great day.