Monday, January 26, 2009

Car seat confusion!

Part of Ro's honey-do list from last week included researching convertible car seats and finding the best one for Laela. Okay, okay! We know that Britax is supposed to be the best, but I don't always agree the the most expensive ($300 and up) are the best for us or Laela. Anyway, Ro researched and found one with really good ratings and a reasonable price. Then we go to the store and look...of course we get overwhelmed! There are so many to choose from and each has it's own pro's and con's. HELP! Does anyone have any suggestions, because as you can see from the picture below...our little sleeping beauty is getting a tad bit BIGGER! It is time for the switch. :)

4 comments:

Floriae said...

We have the evenflo triumph advance dlx and even though I have nothing to compare it to, I super duper like the way the belts are adjustable. The shoulder straps are height adjustable but a sliding strap instead of having to remove the covers to adjust and I like the easy loosening and tightening of the lap belts.

I went off of this list and found one I liked for us - but Im sure like all lists they have some bias to them.

http://babyproducts.about.com/od/carseats/tp/topconvcarseats.htm

Meg said...

We have Luke in a Britax Boulevard. With my older 2, we did try a few other different convertible seats and were always frustrated by some feature, most often twisted/tangled straps. We really love the Boulevard, and for us, the additional price was worth it...we have no complaints about it. :)

Angie said...

We have Sofi in a britax blvd too. I've been very please with it and we're planning on putting Josh on the same one too. Since we have to buy two, we buy a cheap one for Jeff's car and the britax for mine since we drive my car anywhere we go. Hope it helps.

Aday Family said...

Okay, we'll give our 2-cents as well. We really like the Britax Decathlon. It's definitely worth the extra money. (Do a Google search. You can save some money buying it from some of those mommy websites, we got 20% free, no tax, and free shipping.) It's SO much easier to install, use, and Ella loves it. It's like her own personal recliner!