Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trial Run...

This past weekend was an interesting one! We had our trial run to Presby Plano's labor and delivery. It all started Friday evening when I was puking my brains out. Ro, for some reason, insisted on holding the trash can. I thought that it may have been food poisoning, but it turns out to have been some kind of virus.

Anyway, my entire body was achy and we knew something was not right. It continued throughout the night and finally Ro put his foot down (HA!) and said we needed to go to the emergency room.

When we got there, they sent us straight to labor and delivery. That was exciting! Even got to ride in the wheelchair. When we got to the room, it was slightly "chilly". The previous pregnant chick who was in our room set the temperature to "Artic" so Ro sat in the corner bundled in blankets. They immediately said I was dehydrated (High levels of ketones in the urine)and hooked me up to the monitors. Come to find out, I was also having contractions (A result of the dehydration). I got a couple of bags of fluid IV's, some nausea meds, few tubes of blood drawn, and even pee'd in a cup 3 times. The doctor came in to check me and thank goodness I was not dialated! The dialation check was not the friendliest. I swear the nurse shook the baby's hand. I was feeling better and baby was fine, so she released me to go home. The whole process was about 7 hours. Man...it was a long Mother's Day weekend, but we learned a lot!

Oh...today is 34 weeks, so SIX WEEKS TO GO! :)

2 comments:

Floriae said...

Yay for only 6 weeks left, but holy cow to the trial run!

Im glad you and bebbe are all better. And tell Ro, GO HIM!

Ashley said...

deja vue....


all except the vomit seems like yesterday. wonderful experience yes?