Monday, August 6, 2012

Laela's First Dance Class...

Laela was taking a small dance class at daycare, but she started the real 'dance school' today.  She goes every Monday evening and she will have a recital in May! 
 Madelynn is joining us too!  (I LOVE this picture because it really shows their personalities.)
 Well...I was a little blind-sided by this one. Laela was so excited. She has been talking about dance for months now. This girl has shown us moves that I didn't even know existed...then...we stepped into the room and she started crying.  Oh my GOODNESS!  Laela cried for almost 10 mintues (Not as long as she cried for her first soccer game, so that is progress.)  She did not do any of the tap.  Then came ballet.  They changed shows and she did not perform, but she didn't cry!  Then they did a little tumbling and she did her roll-over and table-top walk!  Here she is doing stretches (or at least thinking about doing them!)

 Oh the way home she told me, "Mom, I will do better next Monday!"  No prob Laela.  You make me crazy, but I still love ya!
BTW....when we got home, Laela put on her tap shoes and she did everything the teachers did.  She wasn't perfoming today, but she was listening ... which is what I told her to do ... always be a good listener at school!  :)  LOVE THAT GIRL!  Soon she will be rockin' it.  It may take her a little bit to get warmed up, but she will do GREAT! 

No comments: