Sunday, March 4, 2012

What's been happin'?

(I started this post two weeks ago and never finished...so, here it goes!)

We feel like we are constantly on the go these days! Because of that, I don't find as much time to blog, but I have been thinking about it. The last couple of weeks have been fun with Valentine's and Dhillon getting bigger and doing new things! For some reason, Dhillon is still battling a cough. Doctor says it is from milk congestion and if he were older, he could clear his throat and be fine; however, he sounded awful so we did breathing treatments for about 10 days. Most of the time he looked like the picture below, but there were a few times he was just his usual, mellow self. Laela's is really into her hair these days. She does not like for me to help her fix it, except for the side braided ponytail. Then, she dug out this flower clip the other night and she looked so beautiful. She was all ready to turn some heads at her Valentine's party the next day! Oh man! Speaking of Valentine's...Laela had a secret admirer this year! Yes. He snuck over, left her a gift, and later sent his picture. Brandt, is such a handsome, little secret admirer.Of course Laela had to show off her mad drawing skills and draw a picture of her secret admirer. So...here it is! I thought it was pretty good, especially the letter writing at the top. While we are on portrait drawings, here is a picture of me. I know, I know. You are thinking what is that thing in the middle? It is my belly button, of course. (I think Laela still has fond memories of my big pregnant belly and belly button! I hope that did not scare her for life.)Laela does love her sunglasses, too! Lately, the weather has been so nice and she has a huge thing with short-sleeve shirts and dresses. Even on cold days, she insists on wearing short sleeves. To avoid the huge arguement, we bundle her up with a huge jacket! There have been a few Fridays that I have worked late, so Ro and the kids meet me for dinner. One time Laela wanted to come to my class and check out what the big kids had been doing. Of course, she was teaching her own class within the first 3 mintues there! She told everyone what to do and where to go and marked on the board and it all sounded very teacherish! WOW! This 3 year old girl is actually pretty good at directing her imaginary friends around. Look closely at this one! Laela has been practicing patterns at school and she did this with me the other night. The patterns go vertically. I started her off and she finished the patterns. Laela was rockin' it! Oh Dhillon, Dhillon. You crack us up! On the right day and time, you love to play in your jumperoo. This was the first time you noticed yourself in the mirror. :) Oh! Dhillon is sucking his thumb too! Laela was a major paci girl. I mean, we were up at night finding pacis under the bed and she was absolutely crazy without one at night time. With Dhillon, he loves his paci in his seat, but he does not have to have it. He will suck his thumb when going to sleep at night or in his carseat. He is just overall, one happy, little man! Just so I can document it, here is a quick picture of Dhillon on his 5 month birthday! He was practically tackling the zebra when we took this and seriously...he looks so big! We went out to eat the other day and Dhillon needed to eat too, so it was his first experience in a restaurant high chair. Not too bad for 5 months! Way to go buddy. Speaking of eating...Dhillon eats a variety of 1 and 2 foods. Also, we have been trying organic foods this go round. We are not planning on only giving him organic, but we thought it was work a shot to broaden his taste pallet. So, thus far, he eats carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, green beens, squash, apples, pears, oatmeal, mac and cheese with veggies, and several other mixed fruits and veggies. Bannanas were the only food that we are not sure about. For some reason, he was coughing and gagging A LOT the day and evening following a container of banannas. Due to that, we have not tried them again. He is drinking about 30 oz and eating 3-4 big tubs of food, so...Yes! This little man can eat and we have so much fun with him.

No comments: