Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our Wonderful News....

Most of you know now, but just in case...

We are expecting baby number TWO!

(I started this post 2 weeks ago and did not finish, but here you go...)
At week 13, we found out that it is a boy and I was 31 weeks. This pregnancy has been different than with Laela. With Laela, I did not even know until the first trimester was complete. With him, I knew on week 2. Crazy, I know. But trust me...this has been a long, long 7 months. I was tired from the very beginning and I don't know if it was just in my head or due to the fact that I have a 3 year old! I did get sick one morning on the way to school. (Oh thank heavens for Ro. He came to take my car to get washed, and the poor carwash man, probably hated his job that day. Sorry guy!) I was never sick with Laela. The weight gain has been more with baby #2. I know, I know. It is the second, but seriously! It could be worse, so I try not to complain too much. Let me also note that this has been the HOTTEST summer since the Earth started to revolve!

Between you and me...I am a little worried about baby boy. When we first found out, the first thing that popped in my head was..."oh no, he has a little weenie. I don't know about those things." I do know about girls, and bows, and dolls, and painting fingernails. I don't know much about dirt, and trucks, and how things work. I have kinda grown used to it now. Maybe due to the fact that he has BEATEN up my insides and I just know that I have to live with it. Literally, I tell people that I feel like there is a mini carnival in my belly! This baby is so different than Laela. Hmmmm...I hear that boy's love their momma's. Let's hope so, because I just realized that I can not take another strong-willed, fiesty (with a personality just like her momma) Laela Grace. :)

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:
31 Weeks
Size of baby: Little over 4 lbs. I found out on that week that he was measuring at 34 weeks. YIKES! Big boy that I am growing this go round!
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity bottoms but the tops are a mix of maternity and regular.
Gender: It's a boy!!!
Movement: He is VERY active - especially in the afternoon and at night. Much different than Laela. She would move at night, but nothing like this big guy!
Sleep: I am sleeping okay. I toss and turn a lot!
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach!
Cravings: For awhile I was loving La Madeleine chicken caesar salads. Now I will eat most anything.
Best moment this week: Seeing him during the ultrasound appointment this week. I love to watch and see exactly what he is doing in there!

Now...we are up-to-date...
Here I am currently. Obviously, I am not excited about pictures, but I do love to look back at the ones I took when I was pregnant with Laela. Laela was feeling left out and wanted to join, so of course I welcomed her into the picture! Look how she posed...too funny!!!Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:
33 Weeks
Size of baby: About 4.5 lbs. I found out last week that my belly is back on track. He may still be big for the number of weeks, but the measurement was just right for the week. YEA! Also, I didn't gain any wait. :)
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity bottoms but the tops are a mix of maternity and regular.
Gender: It's a boy!!!
Movement: Still crazy in there!
Sleep: I am tired!!! First week back with kids at school and it was exhausting! I had no idea what a big belly will do to you when you teach and are up on your feet all day.
What I miss: Being able to breathe without huffing and puffing. I need to start running again as soon as this big guy is delivered!
Cravings: Nothing. Actually eating less since being at work so much. Plus the heat has really gotten to me these last two weeks.
Best moment this week: Laela kissing my belly good-bye one morning before I left for school.

This summer I was able to work on his room. I did not complete it like I thought I would, but here are a few pictures to get you in the know. It took me forever to choose the fabrics, but once I did...we were good to go! Thanks to Jana for making the bumpers and quilt, as well as advising some of the other room ideas. Thanks to Jana's sister, Emily, for helping with the fabric choices and thanks to Jana's mom for giving her wonderful sewing advice! I will show completed room pictures soon. I just have one more little project, otherwise the room is complete. Here are two art projects that I made. If you look closely at the fabric, there is one with giraffes, so I put a few giraffes in the room. I saw these prints online and I made them into my own! I am absolutely loving the nursery! I love the gray. I love the giraffes. I love the different fabrics. I love it!

No comments: