Sunday, January 30, 2011

What is going on?

Well, it is only January and I am already behind on posting. My last blog was a couple of weeks ago when it snowed, and I have heard from a certain someone (you know who you are) about how she is TIRED of seeing a post about snow in Allen! Honestly, I have been really busy at school and I have not been taking many pictures when I am with Miss Thang. Yesterday, was a beautiful day! We went to the store to get Laela a bike and came home with a bubble maker. I know. CRAZY! Laela is thrilled about the thought of a bike, but when we get to the store, she does not seem to want one. I know she would have a blast, especially on days when it is 75 degrees out. I can't wait for the wonderful weather to stick around and quit teasing us!
Some random things Laela is doing right now:

- As you can see, from the pictures above, when Laela is in the right mood she loves to pose for a picture. What a dork!
- She has started having 2 and 3 way conversations with her dolls and toys. I wondered when this would start and it just suddenly popped up! Really, it is pretty funny to sit back and listen.
- Laela is very opinionated. Anytime we go to the store, she tells me exactly what she likes and does not like. Laela: "Hey Mom, look. I like those big boots!" ME: "Ok, but I am not buying shiny, silver boots for you. You may need to get a job!"- She loves BLUE. Anything from blue nail polish to blue M&M's to blue clothes. This girl loves blue. (Notice her blue finger nails and her blue pajamas. Both of those were picked out by yours truly.)
- She is very happy when going and picking up school. YEA for her new classroom!
- Laela is still in love with shoes and boots!
- Chimpanzees are NOT her favorite right now. One Sunday night we were watching America's Funniest Home Videos and there was a boy sitting on the toilet with a chimpanzee mask on. We laughed at it then, but when we put her to bed that night she cried about the chimpanzee. She has gotten a little better, but just yesterday she was outside running up and down the sidewalk yelling "Chimpanzees are coming, chimpanzees are coming!" (At least she was laughing this time.
- Laela says she still loves gym class; however, this week we had to leave after being there for only 15 minutes. She jumped on the trampolines with no problem, but when it was time to sing and dance...she was a bump on a log. I took her into the bathroom to have a talk and she started crying and yelling no to me, so we went home. I got her dressed for bed and she cried herself to sleep within 5 minutes. She was exhausted! I hope we will have a better gym day this Tuesday.
- Laela requests that I paint her nails and toes at least once or twice a week.
- Yesterday Laela told someone... "My Nanna hit the gym today." Then she kicked the couch. I laughed outloud! What a weirdo! Why did she "kick" the couch?
- We still are not letting her watch much tv. Actually, she does not ever ask for it, but once in a blue moon it is on and she will catch something and laugh. One day, she showed interest in Toy Story, so we borrowed those from friends. She watches bits and pieces every once in awhile and loves it! Now Laela also owns new panties with Woody, Buzz, and Jessie. :)

There are some days Laela seems to 4 years old. Is that possible? This girl is growing up way to fast! SLOW DOWN!

No comments: