Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Almost Big Girl Bed...

Ro and I had been talking for awhile about converting crib to the toddler rail bed. Since this was a long weekend, we thought it would be a good time. Well, Friday was just exhausting, so we did not do it then. Saturday was a little less exhausting, but we were selfish (we wanted to go out after she went to bed and we did not want her climbing in and out while we were gone). So...that left tonight. Laela and Ro went to visit the Murthy's so while they were gone I thought I would attempt to change over her bed. Honestly, I thought you just took off this piece and put on that piece. HA! Not so easy. Once mom came into help and I finally found all of the pieces, it was not a big deal. Then I moved around the furniture and ... VOILA! An almost BIG GIRL ROOM. I call it almost because it is not the full size bed yet. We will get there one day. No need to rush it. Before you know it, she will be moving away to college!

Anyway, Ro and Laela made it home just in time to help with the last bit of the bed. As we finished this... Laela and Nanna moved her mattress on top of Nanna's bed and Laela was JUMPING! She was so stinkin' happy about what she had done!After getting everything put back together, Laela tested it out. YEP! It passed the jumping test!Laela can get in and out all by herself and she loves it!Overall, not much change to the room. Just moved the furniture around, relocated the tree mural on her wall...and BAM! It is like a brand new room. I love those kind of projects!We told her good night, tucked her in and left the room. WOW! That girl screamed and screamed. She did not even try to get out of the bed. Laela just SCREAMED.After a good ten minutes, she went to sleep. I know she was tired because it was past her bedtime, so we will keep everyone posted about the upcoming nights (and mornings too! I wonder if she will come to our room to wake us up in the morning.) Oh my! What have we done? Maybe it was okay to have her in a crib??? Maybe she could have stayed in it until she turned 18. :)

No comments: