Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer...Day 1

We survived! HA!

Today was a busy day....we started out the morning by taking mom for a car ride. She has not been out of the house in a week, so we went over to Granna and Gramps. We had a nice visit and headed back. Laela ate lunch, napped and then played for a bit before heading to her new school. We gave them a few necessary papers and finalized everything for her to start tomorrow.(Oh my...I really hope that we have made a good decision. I think that once she gets acclimated, she will do great! Laela is going to school Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. On Wednesdays, we have Little Gym in the morning and we will find something to do in the afternoon as well as all day Monday. I plan to keep us both busy so that we will not get too crazy when we are together...oh like mother, like daughter. )

Oh...I was unloading the diswasher and Laela jus thad to help. Well...as I was multi-tasking (talking on the phone and unloading) I saw her get out two of her cups. She was playing with them and then I was distracted and didn't see where she put them until I went to get some ice water...What a dork! She stuck the cups under the water and ice dispenser on the refrigerator and left them there! I laughed and laughed...then I took a picture!

Anyway, after all of that fun, Brooke, Kheang, and Madelyn came over for dinner and a little play time. Our sweet little Laela was not so quiet tonight. She was very vocal and very LOUD. She did pretty well with sharing, but still something that needs to be worked on. Oh man! Madelyn has found her new favorite toy...Laela's mini four-wheeler...and she did awesome!We are very glad the Eung's joined us for dinner and fun tonight!
BTW - I completed my first DIY project yesterday...the front door. I sanded, stained, varnished, and changed the hardware. There are a few minor touch-ups, but overall...much better than before and it only cost us about $130 vs $1000. YEA! Now I am in the process of starting DIY project number two tomorrow while Laela is at school...repaint and decorate the laundry room! :) (Pictures to come later.)

No comments: