
Thank you to my sister for snatching up the camera and taking some great shots! WARNING: There are a lot of pictures coming your way, but I am thrilled to have them to remember Laela's special 2 year-old "ladybug" party!


As some of you know, I have been working on this party for awhile. I truly LOVE putting together fun, successful parties! We had a SUPER turn out, as Laela is so blessed to have many friends and family that love her! Laela greeted the kids at the door and gave almost everyone a ladybug sticker! (Look at the picture above and notice how she helped herself to a few stickers too!)

I also created two ladybug games: 1) Stick the spot on the ladybug and 2) Labybug Bag Toss. I think they were a hit and a fantastic thing for the kids to do while adults were mingling.




Of course the cake was a ladybug and a couple dozen red with polka dot cupcakes.

As we greeted guests, the "little guys were just waiting for their time to shine! :)

Little "friends" were all over the house playing and I loved watching them all scurry about. Laela was beside herself with so many friends, but for some reason her and another little girl kept going to get ice out of the ice chest. Seriously? Laela Grace, did I not create enough for you to do? HA!






After some much needed playtime, eating, and talking...we sang "Happy Birthday" to our sweet girl! She absolutely loved hearing everyone sing the birthday song to her. (Oh by the way...her version is..."Happy Day-yea, hooray!") Then she did an amazing job at blowing out TWO candles at the same time. May all of her wishes come true this year! OH YES! WOW! Red and black icing does not go so well with 18 mostly 2 year old kids, but we busted out the wet wipes and everyone was fantastic!






After cupcakes, I handed out everyone's party favors because they would soon need to use the tools inside...BUG CATCHERS! I put everyone child's initial on the bug catcher and included a ladybug book and one live ladybug to take home incase they did not catch one outside.


The parents looked at me like I was crazy when I first mentioned it, but it was a HIT! We went out back and I dumped out some ladybugs on a plastic table cloth. (I used the table cloth so that the kids could see the ladybugs better. I also included some big, plastic bugs for those that were scared or those that could not grab the small ladybugs.) There were quite a few ladybugs that were still "sleeping" which made me sad that we did not have more to work with, but everyone got at least one and some got four or five! The kids had a blast (and I hope the parents did too!)
















Everyone headed back inside for some cool air and a few birthday presents. No seriously...there were not just a few...there were way too many! Laela is truly such a lucky little girl. She did a wonderful job opening each present and we tried to thank everyone as we went. (If we missed you, sorry...THANKS!) She was wanting to open and play with every present when we opened, but we just did not have time. By the way...helping a two year old keep it moving during present time is tough work. I was sweating like crazy! :)












Some kiddos started getting sleepy and slowly the guests trickled away. I was sad to see them go because Laela was having such a fun time.

We were just hanging out talking to our last guests and Laela and her buddy, B, decided that they needed to run a few laps around the house. WOW! The cupcakes must have kicked in, but they were having a grand time...giggling and playing & seek. Too funny.


Then the birthday princess put on her night-night clothes (and scarf, of course) before saying good-bye.

The evening was phenomenal! We are so thankful that we could share it with wonderful friends and family. Thanks again to everyone who came over to celebrate with us. Oh! Before bed, Laela told me "thank you!" :)

We cleaned up the house a little and then we ended the evening with a round of fireworks from the Allen Parks and Rec July 4th Celebration. Seriously...ladybugs, friends, and fireworks...could it get any better?
No comments:
Post a Comment