Monday, May 10, 2010

Dinner at our house...

We are always saying that Laela does not eat very much. I know, I know. Hard to believe when you see her belly, but she really does not eat much. Last week, we were all "out for the count" with some form of the "stomach bug". Seems like Laela's last the longest and had the most effects. Her poor bottom was blistered within the first day. Oh my! I have never seen anything like it. She drank fluids, but literally did not eat anything from Saturday to Saturday. Oh...poor baby.

Anyway, she is so much better now! Laela went to school today and mommmy and daddy went to work! We were all so thankful to be back to a routine. I picked her up from school and she was so happy! When we got home, I wanted a snack so I made peanut butter crackers. Laela ate six! Then I started dinner and created this... and Laela wanted these...Too funny! The child who eats nothing, wants to eat fried onions! HA! Then I made a dessert for school and she ate 4 nilla wafers. I know...random food. If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have died if someone knew that is what I fed my child for dinner; however, sometimes the "norm" is not what your child needs.

BTW - I had a fantastic Mother's Day! Of course Ro spoiled me. He sent flowers to school and got a peanut butter cup ice cream cake! YUM! I even got to do a little shopping...alone. Then Laela gave me AND DADDY a new iPhone. Wasn't that so nice of her! Now Laela is hard at work thinking about what she can get daddy AND MOMMY for Father's Day. :)

1 comment:

Floriae said...

I totally get the no eating thing. It will be better, and Im glad you're all feeling better. Alex got some of that bug last week too!