Saturday, December 5, 2009

Houdini Dog Strikes Again!

In the past, Allie Mae has escaped out of her crate and we have not figured out how she even got out. Well...this morning was the same story. Upon our arrival, after running some errands, my mom said "When I got home, Allie was waiting for me at the door." What? No way! We locked her crate. Immediately,I went to her crate to check it out. This is what I found... (Yes...that is a keyed lock on the crate. We have to use it; otherwise, Allie can unlock the crate with her nose.) Ro set up the new crate and then we went over to a friend's house this evening. Mom stayed home and as she was peacfully crocheting, she heard Allie whining. Then the whining turned into what she said was "screaming." She went into our room to find Allie Mae stuck partially out of the crate. She said that she thought that she was dead. We had been at our friend's house for about an hour when mom franticly called and said Allie was stuck in the crate, she could not get her out and she thought she was really hurt. AH! Seriously! Dog...we just took you to the vet yesterday for a spa day and now you are pulling this craziness? What the heck? Anyway, we got our stuff together to come home and when we got there, we found this...
Yes...Mom said that Allie took her last bit of energy and bolted. It flung the crate across the room, making a small hole in the wall and causing our decorative tree and fan to fall over. (As you can see in the morning pictures, the crate was by the window.) YIKES! Allie freed herself and she is fine, but actually forced her 49 pound body through a 3"x5" hole (See 2nd picture from the top). It sounds a little crazy but how does a dog her size fit through a hole that small? I still don't beleive it. After Ro and I talked, we decided that this crazy behavior came from the allergy pills she started this morning. She has taken them in the past, but we only gave her one pill a day. The vet said she needs to have 3 pills, twice daily. (She has this crazy foot itching thing, so we were trying to stop that.) Believe it or not, Ro only gave her the 3 pills this morning and all of this happened. Looks like we may not be using those any more.

Some other crazy stuff that happened today...Allie Mae found her Christmas gift in a bag, in the bedroom. She got it out and took it to the back door. What? We did not even get to wrap it yet!Laela is totally obsessed with keyboards and sitting in different spots around the house. She loved moving the step stool around and finding a seat on the window sill. Oh! We are even trying to get Laela familiar with the potty, so we are trying this at bathtime each night. Ro likes to give her papers to read too. Next thing you know, she is bringing the laptop to the toilet...Oh! I also have to show you Laela's stocking. I added some "bling" to it this year. Ro even loves it! (Between you and me...Ro said he would like "blingy name" on his too!) HA! Well...that is about how busy our Saturday's are these days. I can't wait for the new year to start. Maybe time will slow down a little. I swear...everytime I look at Laela she has grown another two inches and she is about to be a teenager. YIKES! Time goes way too fast!

4 comments:

Floriae said...

how did you do the blingy name?

AND - crazy Allie! Does it help her to not be so whiney in the crate if you put a towel or blanket down in there with her? Lucy was very houdini like in her crate too until we put something in there with her and then she stopped trying to escape.

Murthy Family said...

I got the blingy letters from Hobby Lobby. They sell each letter individually. Then you just iron them on. EASY!

We tried the blanket thing once. Actually, it was a towel. There was shreds when we returned.

Floriae said...

Maybe your dog is claustrophobic - good luck!

And I think I may make blingy stockings too - thanks!

Floriae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.