Sunday, September 6, 2009

Laela's first aquarium visit!

We had a great day at the Dallas World Aquarium. There were a ton of people there, as I think many stayed in the area for the long weekend. Oh well....we still enjoyed ourselves. Laela got to touch lots trees, branches, and fake rocks. She thought that was awesome. Also, she saw many birds, fish, turtles, monkeys, alligators and a penguin. (The signs said we would spot a sloth too, but no luck.) We had to wait about 20 minutes in line and Laela was very relaxed and just hanging out. I think the reason for this was due to the fact that there was a couple (no older than 16) making out and touching one another (in places you do not want to know about) the whole time. Laela loves to people watch, so she was happy. Now Ro on the other hand...he was flaming! He just kept mumbling under his breathe about if he saw Laela doing what they were doing, then he would chop both Laela and her boyfriend's legs off with a giant hacksaw. YIKES! (Sorry. The picture will not rotate for some reason.) Well, we made it in and we got to see a lot of cool stuff. Check it out! In the middle of the trail Laela decided she needed to give Ro and I kisses. LOTS of kissses. What a sweet baby girl.Then there was this gigantic alligator. It was so big and "pretty" that you would almost think it was fake. Laela was definetly momma's girl today, but Ro had to take his turn too. She got sooooo heavy after awhile. :) Besides...I know Ro loved his daddy-daughter time.And then came the poop! YUCK! The outdoor penguin exhibit was not what I expected. Kinda sad actually. There was one lonely penguin, BUT he was cute. How do penguins live in 93 degrees and 90% humidity?

No comments: