In the last two days Laela has really been moving and grooving. One thing that we started a few weeks ago was Your Baby Can Read. You might think we are crazy, but the worst that could happen is that Laela recognizes words and pictures. Not too bad, right. We have sliding word cards that we show her and she is already able to recognize a few. Some of the words include dog, cats, eyes, arms up, tiger, mouth, elephant, nose, hi, and clap. So far she claps when she see that one. She does arms up. She growls at tiger, waves at hi, and says dog when she sees the dog word and picture. CRAZY...I know. Anyway, we had not gotten out the videos yet, so I did that yesterday. They are very repetitive, but I know that is how children learn and she seemed to be interested. 
Also, Nanna came over to visit and we had her 1 year pictures yesterday. A sneak peek will be posted soon! It is so funny to watch Laela be so excited about a bib. She was swinging it over her head and spinning around. Oh man...the good life! (By the way...this is one of the shirts that I made her! Looks great on her!)

Today we went to Makenzi's (Laela's cousin) 5th birthday party. It was at a bounce place, but all of the bounce houses were so BIG! Laela was plenty happy watching everyone else and she had time to practice standing.

Laela even got to try one of Makenzi's cupcakes. Funny thing is that she only wanted to play in the icing, not eat the cupcake. At least she got some practice for her birthday cake to come!
I also created another shirt during Laela's nap today! This is really fun. I hope everyone else thinks that they are as cute as I do!
1 comment:
You know, Dr Nourian is doing your baby can read with Daryana too - and Im thinking I may get the system for Alex too - those informercials are quite convincing!
Post a Comment