Thursday, June 4, 2009

A head scare!

Today I got the dreaded phone call from daycare. "Laela fell and hit her head. She has calmed down now, but she was very upset." Oh lord! I dropped everything and sped to the daycare. When I opened her classroom door, she was sitting in her chair smiling at me! She did not look like a baby with a bonked head. When I looked closely, she had a red, 2 inch bump. The bump was not raised too much, but it was still there. Of course I called the doctor and checked with them about everything. They said that it all sounded pretty "normal". Here is the story:
Laela was sitting on the floor with a blanket on her head (playing peek-a-boo). When she was pulling the blanket over, it got stuck on her head. She was pulling really hard and lost balance. Then her head slammed onto the tile floor. The teachers said they heard it hit! They immediately put ice on and she calmed down a bit later. No signs of tiredness, or any more crazy than usual.

Doesn't look too bad, right? Hopefully it doesn't turn black and blue. AH!

No comments: