Friday, October 24, 2008

4 months!

Today Laela is 4 months old! YEA! Here she is this morning when she woke up. Ro and I were getting ready and she was telling us all about her plans for the day!

Laela was so excited just to be alive this morning. She almost could not contain herself when I told her she was going to Granna and Gramps' house. YIPPEEE! Of course G&G said that she was a perfect angel. She talked, laughed, and even got pulled around in a wagon! WOW! I know why she loves to spend the day with G&G. Gramps even mentioned that she is quite the character...hmmmm...you don't have to tell me!

As I mentioned, she turn 4 months today so she went to the doctor. What a wonderful report from the doctor too! Laela Grace weighed in at 16 lbs 6 oz. (She is in the 93 percentile for weight) YOWZERS! If you haven't seen her lately, I can assure you she is being fed. :) As far as length, she is 24 1/2 inches long. (She is in the 76 percentile for length.) YEA...She just might have a chance to be taller than her daddy! The doctor said her neck strength, ability to follow objects, and push up are all fantastic. She even smiled and laughed for the doc! Then the dreaded shots. I could not be there, but Ro said that she really hated the oral vaccine. She screamed more during that than during the actually shots. What a nut! The only thing we can think is that maybe those rolls on her legs are coming in handy. Finally, we started her on rice cereal about 2 weeks ago. We were a little concernced because she seems to be very gassy afterwards. The doc said we are doing everything right. We just need to give it another week and possiblily switch her to an oatmeal type cereal inside. No prob! Oh man! I almost forgot...they gave us the okay to start yellow veggies. Yum! I can't wait to take pics of that!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She has the sweetest face..and the 'kissiest' cheeks! She seems to be a wonderfully happy baby!