Thursday, September 11, 2008

This week...

Again, we have gathered pictures during the week and just now have time to post them. There are some really cute ones so get ready!

Laela is all out sucking her thumb now. She occasionally uses her paci, but she will chose her thumb/fingers anyday! Here she is getting ready for bed...loving her thumb and her bear blankie.
Ro got Laela ready for school two days this week. It is kinda funny because the night before I love to pick out what she is going to wear the next day. Well...I forgot to do that one night and this is what she wore: a white onesie with a pink and purple flowered heart & brown pants. Hmmmmm...Laela had no idea, so she just smiled!

Another day I picked out this pink and white striped onesie with white pants and Ro said she looked like a sailor. What a dork! She is cute as always!

By the way, today we had a meeting with the director of Laela's daycare. We had several concerns and it seemed that we would mention them since they were not addressed or corrected. The director is sweet as can be, but it does not excuse the fact that the communication sheets are consistently filled out incorrect. For example, just a few days ago the sheet noted that she drank two 5 oz bottles in less than an hour. YIKES! We know we have a chunky monkey, but seriously! Well, of course, they made a mistake and wrote down someone else's feeding on her paper. Then in the past they have missed writing down feedings, completely missed diaper changes (one time she was not changed for 4 hours), use of a bib that does not belong to her, extra paci with her stuff, and I could keep going but I won't bore you with the details. Long story short, we had all of her sheets with missing/added info and I highlighted the problem area. We sat down with the directed and expressed all of our concerns. I was concerned that my expectations were set too high, but the director assured me that they are working to do their best. She also assured us that the girls who take care of Laela truly love and care for her during the day. Funny thing is...I have no doubt about that. I get a vibe from Laela that she is content during the day. It is just the fact that the workers are not correctly communicating Laela's day. It would be different if she could talk, but she can't. (we are working on the talking business....we think that she is going to be gifted and talk at very early age. ha! crazy parents! oh man...I said that I would never be one of those!) So...we are giving them a little bit longer to get things straightened out. I hope and pray that everything works itself out. I love the location of the daycare and it is really supposed to be a great place. I will keep you posted, especially if we have to start searching for another option.

1 comment:

Floriae said...

she is the happiest baby ever!

so adorable!