Monday, August 18, 2008

1st day...

Today was Laela's first day in daycare. We started out on a great note because she woke up at 5:15 talking to herself. I thought...oh man...the alarm has not gone off yet and I bet it is early. I look at the clock and see it is 5:26 by this point. I waited for the alarm to go off, then got up to make Laela's bottle. (In the mean time...she is still cooing and drooling.) I get her up feed her and she went right back to sleep. PERFECT! By 6;00, I was in the shower while Ro continued to sleep a little longer. After Ro and I are mostly ready, we woke up the baby to get her dressed and ready for her first day at school! Of course I already set out a cute onesie/pant outfit last night (It would have been a dress, but the weather was ickey and the classroom was a chilly.) As always, Laela is ALL SMILES in the morning and off we went to daycare. We originally planned for Ro to take Laela and drop her, but after more thought I decided I could not miss it! We had a ton of things to leave with them too (including my typed out directions on Laela's typical daily routine and her likes/dislikes.) It worked out great! Ro unpacked the stuff and hugged and kissed on Laela as I told Ms. Aileen (the teacher) about how wonderful Laela is. Again...Laela is still smiling! Finally, it is 10 minutes until I have to be at work, so we tell Laela we love her and we will be back soon. We both did great...UNTIL we were almost out of the building and Ro asked if I was okay. Then the tears came! I cried on my drive to work and through the school doors. Then I realized that she is in good hands and they will love her too!

My lunch break came around and I had time to visit Laela. Of course she was super! She could not have been happier. She had a full belly and was asleep in a swing. Ms. Joanna (the other teacher) had only wonderful things to say about her. Kinda crazy, but today there was only Laela and a boy, Jackson who is 2 days younger, in her room. They won't get the other 6 babies until sometime in September. At least this way they can learn all about Laela without the fuss of the other kiddos!

Overall, Laela seemed to have a wonderful first daycare experience. Ro and I were also happy and we feel blessed that our little angel is so easy-going. (For goodness sake...who could not love a baby with cheeks like those!)



Oh yes...I started school today too! Let's just say that it is going to be a very busy school year!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

She is just as cute as can be! :) I'm glad day care went well.

Aday Family said...

I'm glad to hear that everything with Laela went well. She is a cutie! Best of Luck!

Floriae said...

yeah! so good that it went well. You did better than me, I cried so hard the first day.

She is so adorable with those big squirrel cheeks!