Ok, Ok, I will jump right into the good stuff! At 7:05pm on June 24th, Kelli gave birth to Laela, our 7 lb., 20 in healthy baby. I will spare the details but Kelli wound up going the C-section route so she will have a slightly longer recovery time than she expected. Her goal was to make it to some Thursday night party but those plans may have changed! But overall, Kelli is recovering well. For me, I had a really cool day. Cool is a slight understatement. I learned a little more about medicine, which is always fascinating. I saw my wife battle through alot of pain without yelling out one explictive! I sent and received over 100 text messages and phone calls, combined. I hope everyone I called has Verizon! And finally, I saw the birth of my baby girl. There are certain moments in life that you wish you could store somewhere and replay them over and over again. Before today, it was my wedding day. Before that was the time I had my first pizza roll from Old Chicago.....ok, just kidding on that one.........mmmmm, pizza rolls.
If I could replay our baby being born, I would hit rewind over and over again. I fell in love the instant I saw her. It was the weirdest/most amazing feeling I have ever felt. I dont get swept up in the moment very often but last night was an exception. I know people keep saying that having a baby is alot of work,time, commitment, etc. I am sure its going to be all of the above and more but it will be definetly worth the time and effort.
Below are some pictures of Laela. She has some BIG eyes and lots of black hair!!! What a cutie.
More pics and post to follow in the upcoming days.
Also, thanks to everyone who called, texted, visited, cried (Yes, there were some tears shed!), etc. We really really appreciate all of the support and help. It was a really great day for everyone involved.
8 comments:
Yeah! What a sweet post. We are so excited she's here and healthy! We can't wait to meet her. Just enjoy this time...it really does fly. Just wait, you'll see!!!
Love you guys!
Oh, and you're right about it being hard, but sooooo worth it! It's amazing how those sweet baby smiles and snuggles will make you melt!
Congratulations Kelli and Ro! She is precious, and I'm glad she's finally here for all to see! I can't wait to meet her!
Congrats!!!! She is beautiful! We agree... it is the most amazing feeling meeting your little girl for the first time! Enjoy everyday because these days will be over before you know it! We can't wait to meet her! Glad to hear everyone is doing well and hope Kelli has a quick recovery! We are thinking of you!
Oh my goodness, Im so freakin excited! Great post Ro - made me tear up a little.
Lots of love for the 3 of you!
Congrats Murthy family!!!
Ro and Kelli, congrats on your sweet baby girl! She is beautiful,and i can't wait to meet her.
She's going to be a heart-breaker! Or perhaps already is! :) Congrats y'all!
Congrats, you two! She looks absolutely precious...
Hopefully I'll get to make it down to meet her before she starts walking:)
I'm so happy for you...she is a lucky girl!
Post a Comment